What is a reference list?
To write an academic paper, we will have to gather the data from different resources. After gathering the data from these resources, it is necessary for us to provide a list of these resources. This list of the resources is known as references list. No one can deny the importance of preparing a references list for an academic paper because it can save an academic paper from plagiarism issues. If you are not able to prepare a references list for your academic paper, then you can get help from expert writers of the academic writing services.
Professional tips to compile a reference list
The students should take extra care to compile references list. Some professional tips to compile a references list are given below;
- Due to the importance of a references list in an academic paper, it is necessary for the students to compile a references list on a separate page.
- All the references should be written in the centre of the page.
- The best font style that is used in a references list is Times New Roman. The size of the font should be 12 points only.
- You should also make sure that you have used double spacing between all the words in a references list.
- In a references list, you will have to write a lot of entries. Each entry of a references list should be started from the last name of the author.
- You should also try to include each resource on a new line.
- All the resources should be written in an alphabetical order. This alphabetical order should be followed from the first surname of the authors.
- In order to provide a resource in a references list, you will have to use the name of a book or a journal in Italics.
What is the appendix?
To write an academic paper, you will have to provide clear and concise information. Sometimes, it is necessary for the students to provide detail about any concept. For this reason, an appendix is the best choice for the students because it provides additional information to the readers. This is helpful for the students to clarify their concepts.
Professional tips to compile an appendix
An appendix is considered as an essential tool for the students in order to support their arguments. The best tips to write an appendix are given below;
- First of all, the students should try to get a clear idea which is the best information to include in an appendix. A student can include interview questions, letters or forms of the participants, questionnaires of the surveys, and some essential tables and figures in the appendix of an academic paper.
- The students can also include some supplementary material in an appendix. In this supplementary material, there come audio, video, and data files. There is no need to upload such a file whose size is more than 600MB.
- You should try to present information in an appendix by following a specific order. This order of information should be the same as it is presented in the other sections of the dissertation.
- Sometimes, there is a possibility that you will have to present more than one appendices in an academic paper. The headings of these appendices should be provided in the same order as you have provided headings for the different chapters of your dissertation.